Renovating your bathroom can be a great way to increase the value of your home. If you are on a budget, however, it is important to find as many ways as possible to cut the cost of the renovations. Here are some tips on how to save money on professional bathroom renovations that you can use for your project. To get a great result you need to hire an experienced contractor who can show you examples of their work. Screens n More for instance, are always posting their completed bathroom renovation projects on their Facebook page where they get a great deal of interaction form the general public and happy customers alike.
1. Look for high-impact, low-cost projects. Sometimes, the renovations that have the biggest impact are the ones that are the least expensive. For instance, something as simple as a coat of paint can totally change the appearance of your bathroom. Take a minute to look at your current bathroom. What changes could you make that don’t require extensive renovations?
2. Leave your plumbing where it is. Plumbing costs are one of the largest expenses associated with renovating a bathroom. By moving your plumbing fixtures where they are, you can save a lot of money. Consider keeping the same overall layout for your bathroom, choosing only to upgrade the fixtures rather than to move them.
3. Compare prices. The cost of labor can vary quite a bit from one company to the next. It pays to compare prices between contractors. You may find that one contractor quotes you a price that is significantly lower than the others. Of course, you need to proceed with caution. Don’t let a small price blind you. Instead, pay attention to both the price of the project and the quality of the service to choose the best contractor for the job.
4. Use tile as an accent. Instead of tiling an entire wall, try using a strip of tile as an accent. This can still add visual interest to space. At the same time, however, it can also significantly lower the overall cost of the project. Tile can be a significant expense when it comes to bathroom renovations. By reducing the amount of high-end tile that you use in your design, you can help keep the price as low as possible.
5. Do some of the work yourself. Contractors will charge you for every hour that they are at your home. If there are any parts of the project that you are comfortable doing yourself, you should consider taking them on. For instance, something as simple as being willing to do the cleanup yourself after the project is complete can save you a lot of money. Just remember, you should never take on any projects that are beyond your capabilities.
Professional bathroom renovations can be expensive. However, by thinking a little bit outside of the box, you can often save money on the overall cost of the repairs, allowing you to get the bathroom of your dreams without having to spend a ton of money. Try using the ideas in this article to cut the cost of your renovation. By doing so, you may be able to leave more money in your pocket without having to make any sacrifices regarding the finished design of your bathroom.